Monday, March 22, 2010

When did they grow up so fast?

Whilst driving my little girl to school today, I decided to ask her a hypothetical question. `Girl, if mummy stayed home, not work, and looked after you, will that be okay?'. She opened her already large eyes really wide and said, "No mummy! You cannot do that. How will I get my butter cookies from Aunty Alina if you don't go to work".

I guess I had that coming. Since she was born, I have always been a working mummy. Quite an alien concept to me as a child growing up because I always had my mummy at home with me. I wonder now how I would feel if I had grown up with a working mummy.

"But mummy will get to get to spend more time with you". "Its okay mum! I get to see you at nights, on weekends and on holidays". 

So now I ask myself. That should be every working mummy's dream answer. But its not. I do wish that I had more time to give her. And that by being home more, she would want me to be around. Not just a night, weekend or holiday mummy. 

But mummy.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice mommi you are- show us some pics of you and your lil gem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shereen....she's growing up and she knows that by you been at home....you're going to terrorise them and have lots of, "NO".....

    Clever girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is she your oldest girl? how old is she? kids are very street-smart these days

    ReplyDelete