Tuesday, December 27, 2011

39 and counting



3 a.m. 

5 years ago. I can remember this very clearly. 


I woke up in the middle of the night screaming ... "OMG, I just turned 40!!!" and I remembered Jeff being startled only to realize that I had been dreaming and telling me to go back to sleep (although it really seemed like a nightmare to me at the time).

I am 39. 


Now. 


At this precise moment of time.


I won't be in a month's time. 


But unlike 5 years ago, I am really happy where I am right now.

I ask myself, "Why?"

1. I am blessed with a loving and beautiful family.
2. My parents are still here with me and I love them to bits.
3. I have a great extended family and every one of them is important to me.
4. Lots of awesome friends whom I love very much and cherish (you know who you are!).
5. I am in awesome health, never felt better in my life.
6. I look great (when its not a bad hair day or if I am royally hung over).
7. I live all facets of my life to 100% and I still enjoy being me!
8. I am not bored.
9. I get to travel and enjoy awesome cuisines ....
10. I have hobbies.

Am I looking forward to being not-39? I don't care anymore actually for as long as I have and treasure what is closest to my heart - all of the above. 

For all it is worth, 39 had been a great year. More to look forward to ....


Until another 3a.m. 5 years from now, when I will probably wake up screaming, "OMG, I am turning 50!"

2 comments:

  1. Love you lots, babe!!!! And thanks for been such a wonderful friend. Muaks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. time sure flies when you're having fun

    ReplyDelete