Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Purpledot Paintballs

I don't like pain. Well. in fact, who does? I don't like pain even more if it is self-inflicted. So I really don't know what possessed me two years back when my friends wanted to go paint-balling. I did ask myself, "Are you sure?" and I got the following answers, "Surely it cannot hurt as much", "Never try, won't know", "Well, at least you can say, BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!". 


Well, at least this time it paid to listen to my inner thoughts... which leads me to why I am bullet proof.


The first time I played, even the sound of the shot scared me but not half as badly as the thought that I willingly am subjecting myself to bruising and the eventual pain. After all, everyone said, you are bound to get shot, at least ONCE. 


So after taking the barrel caps off, and the safety whatever that thing is called, and after the Marshall gave the game on signal, I ran. I am not a fast runner but boy, did I run!!! Who cares if I look like some mad crazed woman, with gun pointing up in the air but my first thought is to run for the BIGGEST barrell furthest away. I don't know why I chose furthest away since it was quite a distance. Must have figured, furthest away meant further for them to shoot. BUT to my teammates, furthest away meant also closest to the flag. So I had to run for the flag which I did and run like hell back to base to safety. 


And the best of miracles happened, on my first attempt and at 3 games ... I DID NOT GET SHOT! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA .... 


But some of us are suckers for punishment. They wanted a re-match and I told myself, "This time DIE, you are sure gonna get shot up this time' ......


BUT my lucky stars must have shown .... so this Purpledot is bullet proof. And she escaped a second game without any bullet wounds. 


I am so staying at the top of my game. Two attempts at Paintball and no pain! LOL. 


You must be wondering if my friends are really bad shots ... I think not. Just in case, I try my luck a third time round for which I am sure I will get shot in my back.... but I doubt it.


Here are some shots of a tournament I took over the weekend. As a spectator.


www.flickr.com\photos\shereenkwok




No comments:

Post a Comment